FME HighEFF was given the largest grant ever thanks to all efforts from the consortium. November 28th in 2016 was the first of many milestones for the Centre, the Kick-off meeting. HighEFF was officially opened by the State Secretary Kjell Børge Freiberg, who expressed the importance of collaboration between industry, academia and R&D to achieve profitable production, more efficient use and utilization of energy, and energy efficiency in the industry.
Especially important for HighEFF will be to further develop Norwegian industry for «low-emission society» and the key is multidisciplinary cooperation to achieve innovation and economic development.
The good spirit was continued during the meeting , with presentations both from industry and research partners.
- Thermodynamics for dummies, Trond Andresen and Petter Nekså, SINTEF
- Alternative processes for aluminium production, Asbjørn Solheim, SINTEF
- Presentations from six HighEFF PhD candidates and Postdocs
- Quantifying resource quality and efficiency in a circular economy, Elisa Magnanelli, Postdoc NTNU
- Low temperature power cycles for waste heat utilization, Mina Shahrooz, PhD KTH
- Optimization of work and heat exchange networks, Matias Vikse, PhD NTNU
- Applications of ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) in industry, Haoshui Yu, Postdoc NTNU
- Collective energy systems – green industry clusters, Jens Petter Johansen, PhD NTNU
- Heat-to-power conversion from variable medium – to high-temperature heat sources, Juan Cristancho, PhD NTNU
- Steam turbocompressors for cost efficient high-temperature heat pumping, Michael Bantle, SINTEF
- Design of heat exchangers under scaling conditions, Anders Sørhuus, GE Power Norway
- Heat pump concepts for combined heating and cooling application in industrial food processing, Karoline Kvalsvik, SINTEF
- Opportunistic researchers and impatient industry partners, Roger Sørheim, NTNU
- Using dynamic models for analysis and design of complex energy systems– Daniel Rohde, NTNU
- From industrial needs to application (design) – Use case metallurgical industries – Bernd Wittgens, SINTEF
- HighEFF in-kind: examples and reporting, Line Rydså, SINTEF
- Info about RA-meetings, Petter Nekså, SINTEF
In addition to the plenary sessions there were both General Assembly, Executive Board and RA-meetings.
HighEFF introduced the new Centre manager- Petter Røkke (SINTEF), and we wish our first Centre Manager Anne Karin Hemmingsen all the best in her new duties as full-time student!