The poster “Step-wise stochastic optimisation of transmission grid for offshore wind farm clusters” won Award at Offshore Wind Energy 2017.
The poster presented by Harald G Svendsen received a poster award at the Offshore Wind Energy 2017 conference in London 7 June 2017. The poster describes and demonstrates a method for optimising offshore grid layout taking into account investment costs, generation costs, variability in wind resources, the benefit of trade between price areas, as well as parameter uncertainties. Recent improvements in the optimisation approach makes it easier to identify robust offshore grid investments, by accounting for the step-wise nature of such investments and the uncertainties in what happens in the future.
Offshore Wind Energy 2017 is the world’s largest conference and exhibition on offshore wind energy.
- Offshore Wind Energy 2017 – Poster award Harald Svendsen received a poster award at the Offshore Wind Energy 2017 conference in London 7 June 2017 - June 16, 2017
- Open innovation from SINTEF saves millions by minimizing electrical losses in long HVAC cables connecting offshore wind farms - March 30, 2017
- EERA DeepWind’2017 Conference the 18 – 20 January 2017 - January 31, 2017
- ETIP wind – New Strategi Agenda 2016 - September 27, 2016
- PhD student wind “WindEurope energy research price” - September 27, 2016
- NOWITECH Innovation Award 2016 - April 18, 2016